Directors of Activities

I'm speaking at CADA this week, California Association of Directors of Activities (www.cada1.org). CADA is the largest organization of its kind, a network of people who oversee student government, leadership trianing, and the like.  In one of my workshops, I talked about how to identify students with leadership aptitude, since approx. 50% of student governments consist of students who are popular, but not leaders.

One thing I said was, "It's not about programs or events, it's about developing young leaders."  A man came up to me afterward and said, "I've been trying to say that to my peers for 25 years, it's about developing the student."  A lot of school activities directors focus on the planning of homecoming, yearbook, and whatever other events they're charged to "do," but they often overlook what's best for the student.  I love LeadWell training curriculum for teens, because it unleashes them to "do" by helping them develop leadership skills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch of Young Leader Feeder Video Training Series

Love Principals Like Mrs. Bartlow